Monday, March 16, 2009

What's in a Necklace

A couple of weeks ago, I sat outside in the the courtyard of the Dallas Ministry Center on a date with God. As I sat in the sunlight, colored light was streaming onto the white pages of my journal. Looking for the source of the light, I discovered that it was coming from the cut bead necklace around my neck. The necklace, sparkling in the sunshine, was reflecting the light of the sun.
When the sunlight passed through the necklace, it changed. It was no longer ordinary sunlight. It became radiant beams of red, yellow, orange, green, blue, and purple.
While the sunlight was always there, the light became more noticeable when the necklace lay in its path. As it traveled through the beads, the light became the focal point. Its beauty increased, as well as that of the necklace. The necklace needed the light to be beautiful, and the sunlight needed the necklace to reveal its hidden qualities.
As I looked at the light, I realized that I am just like my necklace. When God's light shines through me, He becomes more noticeable to those around me, like the sunlight was to me. While God is always there, others see Him more clearly when I am walking with Him.
Each "beam" of light that reflects from my walk with God goes a separate direction, affecting different people. Each "beam" is a little different, portraying a distinct "color" or quality of Christ. When people see Christ's light reflected from my life, they will not say, "Wow! Look at that necklace." They will say, "Wow! Look at that light!"

Lisa Dzimianski

No comments:

Post a Comment