Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Thing is Needful

So many times everything that has to be done just presses around me, screaming for attention. So I get busy. In fact my day stays busy as I think, "I've got to do this, and this, and this..." I try to do what needs to be done, but I forget to put the most important thing (or person) first.

Martha also had this problem. Jesus had to stop her and tell her, "Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled with many things: But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part which shall not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:41-42)

One thing is needful. Just one. Sitting at the feet of Jesus and learning from Him. Nothing else really matters. All those things that seem to be important pale in comparison to this. Those things will be taken away, but what is learned by just sitting at the feet of Jesus will never be taken away.

1 comment: