Monday, August 30, 2010

The Bend in the Road

Bends in the road have always had a certain fascination for me. Some of my favorite pictures are - you guessed it! - bends in the road.  I don't know what it is about them.  Maybe it's the sense of mystery they contain, because you never know just what lies around the bend.  One of my favorite parts in Anne of Green Gables talks about the bend in the road:
"Oh, I've dozens of plans, Marilla.  I've been thinking them out for a week.  I shall give life here my best, and I believe it will give its best to me in return.  When I left Queen's my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road.  I thought I could see along it for many a milestone.  Now there is a bend in it.  I don't know what lies around the bend but I'm going to believe that the best does.  It has a fascination of its own, that bend, Marilla.  I wonder how the road beyond it goes - what there is of green glory and soft, checkered light and shadows - what new landscapes - what new beauties - what curves and hills and valleys further on."
Yes, you never know what lies beyond the bend, and yes, it has its fascination.  Sometimes it can be a little uncertain and scary not knowing what lies ahead next, but - I know the One who already knows what lies around that bend.  And the next bend.  And the next.  I don't know what God has in store for me, but it lies waiting for me just around the corner - around the bend in the road.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Lisa! And you too! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I have always loved bends in the road too! I love the pictures you posted. Somehow, bends in the road fascinate me, excites me and reminds me that God is in control of all the twists and turns in my life. It is just all a part of the adventure of trusting God. One bend, twist, and turn at a time. Thanks for sharing!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete