Monday, October 25, 2010

Quotes

We recently had Missions Conference at my church, and some quotes made by famous missionaries were put up on the church walls.  Some of them I had heard before, while others were quite new to me.  I copied down a few of my favorites, and thought I would share them here.

"People who do not know the Lord ask why in the world we waste our lives as missionaries.  They forget that they too are expending their lives, and when the bubble has burst they will have nothing of eternal significance to show for the years they have wasted."   ~Nate Saint

"Many of us are missing something in life because we are after the second best.  I put before you what I have found to be best, One who is worthy of all our devotion: Jesus Christ."  ~Eric Liddell

"God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on Him."  ~Hudson Taylor

"God isn't looking for people of great faith, but for individuals ready to follow Him."  ~Hudson Taylor

"God, I pray, light these idle sticks of my life and may I burn up for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life, but a full one like Yours, Lord Jesus."  ~Jim Elliott

"If a commission by an earthly king is considered an honor, how can a commission by a Heavenly King be considered a sacrifice?"  ~David Livingstone

These were very thought provoking and powerful for me.  I hope they are for you as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderfully deep quotes. Thanks for sharing them.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete