The past couple of weeks, I have been working on memorizing Hebrews 11 for Advanced Excel. This week I come across this verse:
But now they desire a better country, that is a heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God:for he hath prepared for them a city.
Immediately I wondered, "Why wasn't God ashamed to be called their God? Why wasn't He afraid to be associated with them?" I looked at the context, and this is what I found:
*These people desired a better (a heavenly) country. They were not content with an earthly one.
*They sought it.
*They died in faith without receiving the promises.
*They had a vision for the future (they saw the promises afar off), and were not caught up in the "here and now."
*They were persuaded that the promises were true.
*They embraced God's promises.
Because of these things, because of their faith, God was not, and is not, ashamed to be called their God. He likes being associated with these people. But is God ashamed to be called my God? Does He want people to associate Him with me? Am I embracing His promises? Do I desire a heavenly country? Do I have faith that sees past the present? Do I have faith to step out and do what God has asked? Do I trust God?
I want God to be able to say about me, "I am not ashamed to be called her God."

That is great Lisa! I love it! Some really good thoughts in this post!
ReplyDelete